Vision Expo East is coming up in less than a month! We know you're busy, and it can be hard to get organized and create a schedule before your trip, and you're probably most concerned with packing in those CE credits than anything else. To save you some time we gathered up some information on 3 of our favorite optical industry events to attend while we're at the show. Don't forget to add these to your calendar.
Don't Miss These Optical Industry Events at Vision Expo East
ODs on Facebook Party
When: Friday, April 15, 8pm - 9pm
Where: BB King Blues Club and Grill
What: International Vision Expo has teamed with Dr. Alan Glazier, Founder of ODs on Facebook, to host an event open to all ophthalmic professionals currently in the social network or looking to begin. Grab a free drink and make some in person connections.
OWA Champagne Breakfast
When: Thursday, April 14, 7:30am - 9am
Where: The Westin New York at Times Square
What: The OWA Champagne Breakfast will honor Pleiades award honoree, Sue Downes, CEO of MyEyeDr, and Pyxis award honoree, Ann E. Englert, owner and sole proprietor of Solutions. The event will feature an intimate conversation with Sherianne James, Vice President of Marketing for Transitions Optical, in an interactive question and answer with Editor, Christie Walker. At this time the event is at capacity, but you may request to be added to the waitlist.
VM Global Leadership Summit: Brainstorm
When: Wednesday, April 13, all day event
Where: The Times Center
What: This day-long conference will explore emerging technologies in commerce, health care, data, and social interaction as well as implications for retail due to new research into human and computer intelligence. Speakers include:
- Leslie Saxon, MD - Dr. Saxon is a Professor of Medicine, Clinical Scholar, at the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California. Dr. Saxon specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias and preventing sudden cardiac death. She also is the Executive Director of the Internationally acclaimed USC Center for Body Computing and newly announced USC Virtual Care Clinic.
- David Kepron - David was recently named Vice President, Global Design Strategies at Marriott International and is returning to the Summitt for the second year in a row. His focus is on the creation of compelling customer experiences within a unique group of Marriott brands called the Lifestyle Collection, including Autograph, Renaissance, and Moxy hotels.
- Jim Marggraff - Jim is Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Eyefluence, a company that develops eye-interaction technology for augmented, virtual, and mixed reality devices. Dedciated to developing innovative technologies that improve learning, communication, and productivity, Marggraff has founded/co-founded several successful companies, including Livescribe (inventor of the smartpen), Explore Technologies, and Stratacom. Marggraff holds more that 36 patents/applications and was the Ernst & Young Northern California Entrepreneur of the Year, 2011.
- Adam Gazzaley, MD, PhD - Dr. Gazzaley is a Professor in neurology, physiology, and psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco, the Founding Director of the Neuroscience Imaging Center, and Director of Gazzaley Lab. His lab studies neural mechanisms of perception, attention, and memory, with an emphasis on the impact of distraction and multitasking on these abilities.
- Michael Weiner, MD - Dr. Weiner is Chief Medical Information Officer, IBM Healthcare. He previously served as the Chief Medical Information Officer and Director of Clinical Informatics for the DoD VA Interagency Program Office, where he was responsible for creating unified Interagency Electronic Health Record for over 125,000 providers and 18 million beneficiaries worldwide.
- Ted Gioia - Ted is a jazz pianist, author of 10 books, and an expert on management and business creativity. He has undertaken on-the-ground projects in 25 countries on five coninents, and has consulted to Fortune 500 companies as a professional with McKinsey and the Boston Consulting Group.
For more new on industry events subscribe to the VisionWeb Blog!