10 for 10: Claims Processing Services for Optometry

Posted by Janelle Pauli on Thu, Nov 21, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

It's November and our 10 for 10 series is back! With this series we feature one of VisionWeb's tenacious 10 and ask them 10 questions about who they are, what they do for us, and their thoughts on the latest industry trends! This time around we have Michelle Vignault, VisionWeb's claims processing services Senior Account Manager.

10 Questions Answered About Claims Processing Services for Optometry

1. What do you do here at VisionWeb?

My title is Senior Account Manager. I manage our claims processing services department and help guide it's sales, and enrollment and support needs. I get excited every time a new customer joins our service as it gives us the opportunity to help improve their financial processes and payer reimbursement.

2. How has technology changed and affected eyecare practices over the past few years?

The learning curve has been gradual. Our discussion with customers continues to steer them in the direction of taking advantage of technology and teaching them how to embrace it. Not run from it. We continue to hear from providers around the country that they file claims on paper or still drive to the bank to deposit checks. Give us a call because we need to talk!

Read More

10 for 10: How to Meet Meaningful Use Criteria for ODs

Posted by Sharon Chin on Tue, Oct 29, 2013 @ 13:10 PM

It’s the 6th edition of 10 for 10! You know the drill; we feature a member of VisionWeb’s tenacious 10 and ask them 10 questions about VisionWeb’s company culture, projects, insights, industry trends, and much more. Today, we interview Julia Crawford, Director of Product Strategy, and she’s here to talk about meeting meaningful use criteria for ODs.

1. What is your role at VisionWeb?

I am the Director of Product Strategy at VisionWeb. I develop concepts, coordinate, and implement the strategic direction of VisionWeb’s suite of products, services, and processes. My job is always changing so it’s never boring. As the industry evolves, the technology needs of VisionWeb’s partners and users also evolve. I am always looking for new collaborations and different ways of doing things. There’s inspiration at every turn.

2. Meaningful use has been a big topic in the healthcare industry, but what exactly is it?

The Meaningful Use Program was introduced in 2009 as part of the HITECH Act to promote the use of electronic health records (EHRs) in an effort to make healthcare more consistent, transparent, allow for the measurement of quality of care, and assure that patient health records are seamlessly transported between doctors regardless of their specialty.

Read More

10 for 10: Insight on Optometric Practice Management Software

Posted by Alli Yarbrough on Thu, Jul 25, 2013 @ 08:07 AM

Welcome back to our 5th edition of 10 for 10: 10 Questions for VisionWeb's Tenacious 10! Here you'll meet 10 of VisionWeb's Directors, Chiefs, and all around fantastic people. Learn about VisionWeb's company culture, new projects, executives' insights on industry trends, and much more!

Read More

10 for 10: Managing Eye Care Sales to Boost Your Revenue

Posted by Laurel Materka on Thu, May 16, 2013 @ 08:05 AM

It’s that time again! The fourth edition of 10 for 10: Ten Questions for VisionWeb’s Tenacious 10 is back and ready for action!  Here you’ll meet 10 of VisionWeb’s Directors, Chiefs, and overall amazing individuals. Don’t you want to learn about VisionWeb’s company culture, our experts’ observations and predictions of industry trends, new projects, and much more? Get ready, get set, and read on my friends!

Series 4: Chris Rice, Director of Sales

We can’t wait for you to meet the man in charge of building close relationships with optical suppliers, laboratories, and manufacturers; VisionWeb’s very own Director of Sales, Chris Rice! Chris is a stand-up guy and has an unmatchable personality! Everyone adores his charisma and humor. But, don’t let his comical side fool you, Chris has been working in sales since 1997 and is extremely adept. In fact, his former colleagues describe Chris as having “the ability to drill down to tasks and strategies that help achieve solid results” (Joel Goldstein, MFV Expositions), and regard him as “an asset to any company” (Jacqueline Micucci, Amazon). The positive comments about him go on and on. So come and meet Chris behind the scenes. Spoiler Alert: learn how to boost your sales with his expert recommendations and tips!

Read More

10 for 10: Keeping Customers Happy at Your Eye Care Practice

Posted by Laurel Materka on Thu, Apr 18, 2013 @ 08:04 AM

The third installment of 10 for 10: Ten Questions for VisionWeb’s Tenacious 10 is back again! Get the latest scoop about upcoming projects, our company personality, insight on industry trends, and much more from 10 of VisionWeb’s Directors, Chiefs, and people that are just too spectacular not to write about! Come and meet “VW’s VIPs!

Read More