Have you enrolled for ERA through VisionWeb's ERA Management service? Why not? It's free!
Take advantage of all the benefits of accessing your ERA online! And, for a small upgraded fee to your monthly subscription, you can take advantage of ERA Auto-Posting with PM Vendors.
VisionWeb's ERA management service helps your billing department to better control accounts receivables by automatically interpreting remittance information received from your connected payers and delivering it to you electronically in place of paper Explanation of Benefits (EOBs). This service gives your staff an important tool to expedite the reconciliation process.
Dynamic Searching Options
- Search and sort remittance information by provider, payer, date range, check number, or payment method
Detailed Summary Views
- Reasons for adjustments, denials, and payment reductions presented in an easy-to-read online format
- Review transaction-level and claim-level summaries to reconcile differences among amounts paid and amounts billed
- Identify and correct problems that lead to denials and lost revenue
Practical Information Management
- Remittance information automatically stored for you for seven years
- Export your reports into Excel format for easy remittance advice archiving
- Printer-friendly EOBs allow you to print by patient as needed for secondary claim processing
- Download and import ERA into your compatible practice management software for auto-posting in a snap
VisionWeb's ERA Management Service Benefits
- Reduced paperwork
- Simplified remittance balancing with detailed online payment visibility
- Faster communication of payment notification
- Expedited account receivable reconciliation
The world of electronic claim management is an ever-changing labyrinth of rules, standards, and charges. Needless to say, when it comes to managing this important aspect of your business, things can get a little dizzying. With different providers wanting different information for the same procedures and innately complex and detailed billing, it's important to have a game plan for managing electronic claim filing.
It is often said "you can't manage what you don't measure", but by making a practical assessment of common challenges in optical claims management, your practice can begin to better stake the claims as they come. With our vast payer and provider networks, VisionWeb is aware of claim management problems and has highlighted a list of common issues.
Do any of these sound familiar to you and your practice?
1. Time Management with ERA
Save yourself daily work hours by manually entering ERA to your practice management system. Why sit for multiple hours and post EOBs? Why not auto-post the payment quickly into your PM and save hours of time. Auto-posting allows you to spend more time on reviewing the Reporting & Analytics tool, work old A/R, or track down patient payments.
2. Rejections, not such a dirty word
If your claims are rejecting, it may not be a bad thing. Often times, cross-training may tackle a simple coding problem or a commonly missed feature in your PM system may be the cause of a great loss of money. Review your most common rejections to learn where subtle changes can be eliminated and increase your reimbursement rate.
3. The Paper Game
Submitting claims on paper requires more manual effort and increases human error. Eliminate these problems and get paid faster. And with the postal service's regular service in question, where is your consistent method of communication with payers? Online.
4. Hiring the Right Biller
Too often we look to cut corners by hiring staff at a lower wage. When considering a new biller for your business, consider how much you want to be paid. By hiring a biller with experience, they can increase your income by bringing in more money each month, coding properly, and understanding the ins-outs of insurance companies. Some practices provide the biller an incentive for achieving certain levels of reimbursement. Let's all make some money!
By being aware of these common pitfalls, your practice can identify tactics that will make electronic claim management as effective as possible. So remember to submit the cleanest claim possible, automate processes where applicable, use a solution that incorporates claims tracking and reporting, and have the right people on staff to get the most out of your claims.
Resources: Emdeon Compass