What better way to dive into the season of love than with a guest blog post about marketing for optometrists from our lovely friends over at The Optical Vision Site! Pick up some tips on easy ways to get your patients involved and excited about Valentine's Day at your office!
20 Marketing Eye-Deas for Valentine's Day
It is a short time between New Year's and Valentine's Day... so pull up your temples and start the process... you may be a Valentine Grinch, but check out some of the below numbers and why shouldn't consumers be spending some of those billions of dollars with eyecare professionals?
- $130.97 - The per person averageestimated amount that people will spend on Valentine's Day
- $18.6 billion - The total spending that will be reached by Valentine's Day
- $1.6 billion - The amount people will spend on candy
- $1.9 billion - The amount people will spend on flowers
- $4.4 billion - The amount people will spend on diamonds, gold, and silver
- 40.7% - The percentage of people who will use their Smartphone to purchase Valentine's gifts
- 6 million - The number of people who expect or are planning a marriage proposal.
- 151 million - The approximate number of cards that are exchanged on Valentine's Day.
10 Marketing Tips For Valentine's Day
- Decorate, decorate, and decorate some more. Consider doing a little display; Valentine's Day for My Teacher, Valentine's Day for my Aunt, Valentine's Day for My Mom, etc.
- Order in Red and Pink Eyewear and Accessories.
- Order and place Gift Cards predominately by Accessories and Sunwear.
- Consider having a Valentine's Day Trunk Show before the event.
- Have an Eye Love My Patients Day... by sure to email Happy Valentine's Day to all patients.
- Have staff wear Eye Heart Valentine's Day T-shirts... How cute would that be!
- Have staff wear pink and red clothing and eyewear on Valentine's Day.
- Offer Valentine's Day cookies and or chocolate.
- Have a Valentine's Day Raffle. Make up a Spa Package and have patients put names (and email) in big box. Announce winner on Valentine's Day.
- Consider offering a free Valentine's Day gift with an eye exam on Valentine's Day.
10 Social Media Marketing Tips for Valentine's Day
- Ask married couples to post on Facebook their secrets to a long marriage.
- Have a Valentine's Day trivia contest on Facebook.
- Have an Eye Boggler contest - how many names can you get out of the word "Valentine"... (minimum of 3 letters) like tine, live, lent.
- Have patients share their favorite Valentine's Day story on Facebook or their how we met story.
- Have patients post pictures of themselves in heart shaped glasses. You can even carry them to make it easier.
- Question and Answer: What is your most romantic song? What is your most romantic evening? Where is your ideal place to celebrate Valentine's Day?
- Have patients post their favorite 'Love' tattoos on Facebook.
- 'Like Us' on Facebook for a chance to win a Romantic Evening.
- Other ideas here on Valentine's Day online around the world.