Traditional paper health records and out-of-date practice management methods can now be considered detrimental to a practice that is functioning in the 21st century. If technology has managed to touch and change the way most industries do business, don’t you think you owe it to your practice to be a part of that change? Cloud-based solutions are quickly changing the way software is integrated into practice managment system for optomotrists!
1. Less Equipment. With a true cloud-based practice management and EHR system, you will no longer have to worry about servers or software installations. Cloud-based systems utilize the Software-as-a-Service model (SaaS). Since everything is run through the cloud, there is absolutely nothing that you will have to install or store on your office computer. All of your information is handled through your software provider, so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of all those paper records or in-office servers!
2. Lower Costs. Instead of paying a bunch of up-front fees and dealing with expensive continuous maintenance and IT costs, most cloud-based solutions use a pay-as-you-go pricing model. By being on an affordable monthly pricing plan, you will never have to pay for more than you actually use.
3. Security. Most cloud-based vendors go to even greater lengths than private practices to ensure that information is secure both off and online. Cloud-based vendors encrypt your data, use separate databases for each user, and use a number of physical controls to prevent unauthorized access in their data centers.
4. 100% HIPAA Compliant. Speaking of security, you should know how much of a headache it is to deal with getting your office up-to-date with those strict HIPAA compliances. By enlisting the help of cloud-based software, you will never have to worry about it again. It is their job to make sure their services are 100% compliant with HIPAA; they can’t sell to you if they aren’t!
5. Vendor Data Back-Up. One of the perks of having a cloud-based EHR is that you no longer have to house all of those messy and lengthy medical documents in your own office! All of that responsibility lies in the hands of your service vendor. But don’t worry, they take great care of all your information and have back-ups for all of it!
6. You Own Your Data. Even though you don’t physically have your data stored in your office, you still own 100% of it! Each vendor has their own policies and agreements on how they decide to handle it, but all of it belongs to you. If you for some reason choose to pick up and leave your cloud-based vendor, you have the right to take your information with you.
7. Automatic Updates. Cloud-based EHR systems are completely self-sufficient. In order words, they will never hassle you with permission to update or upgrade – they do these things automatically to save you time, money, and energy.
8. User-Friendly Interface. Since cloud-based software is built using only the latest technology, users are able to experience a grander, more intuitive interface. The engineers behind these solutions design with innovative technology and the user in mind, making the end product a highly interoperable, user-friendly experience.
9. Accessibility from Multiple Devices. The best part about using cloud-based software to run your office is the fact that you can access it from any device that is Internet capable! This means that you can check work from your home desktop or laptop, your smartphone phone, or even on a tablet in the office.
With all of the perks that come with cloud-based solutions, it should be pretty easy to call us up and try out Uprise for yourself! If you’re still a bit skeptical about the whole Software-as-a-Service idea, take a look at our eBook for an even deeper, more comprehensive analysis!