When you're in the market for new practice management and EHR software there are a wide variety of questions you'll have when talking with different vendors. You'll want to know about the technology the software is built on, specific functionality features, costs, and integrated tools.
Something that can be critical to the success of a new software in your practice is the implementation, training, and support processes by the vendor. So it's crucial not to ignore these important questions during your EHR software buying journey.
Ask These Questions about Implementation and Training when Shopping for EHR Software
- How much will implementation disrupt my business?
- How long does the implementation process take?
- How much of the set-up will fall on my team's shoulders? What are the specific steps of the implementation process?
- Is training and support included, or is it an extra fee? For how long?
- What kind of training materials are provided? Videos? Webinars? Help articles?
- When is customer support available, and how do I submit issues or questions?
- How quickly does customer support respond to issues?
- How do I reach out to customer support?
- Is there a limit on how many times I can contact support?
Getting answers to these questions will help you better understand how a new system will impact your practice right off the bat. And, if you're asking every vendor all of the same questions it's going to make it easier to compare and make a final decision on the product that's right for your practice.
We've put together a complete guide to all of the questions you should be asking software vendors (not just the implementation and training questions). Download a copy today to prepare your practice for the buying journey.